Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It was way better than the Suite Life on Deck

 We needed a change of scenery today.  It's hot and sticky and some culture was in order after watching one too many episodes of Phineas and Ferb.



The Minneapolis Institute of Art was fantastic.  I hadn't been in 10 years.  It's free.  A donation is suggested.  Be nice and leave one.





Her favorite was the mermaid.  Of course, since she is still considering this as a career choice.  Being a mermaid I mean, not an artist.  She's also considering med school.  So...who knows.



His favorite was the cookie as big as his head.



Oh and the African masks, oh and "the dude without the penis"  see first photo.



I gave the camera (iphone) to the kids once in awhile...



Their composition was good I thought.



A stranger came by and wanted to take one of all of us, so I complied.  I thought my kid did a better job though.  My last week of vacation is going by so fast.  Sigh. 


4 comments:

  1. I love the family portrait! Those are some super cute kids you have there! Sounds like a great idea to get out of the heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely lovely lovely. i'm sure your kids will remember the day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a great day, I will have to try and get my kids there before summer is out. My kids liked toy story but i fell asleep, could use a little culture too I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures,darling children !!!

    ReplyDelete