Friday, January 21, 2011

Tough Crowd

So I pick her up at preschool in my baggy sweatpants and I get,

"Mom you don't have to do the boyfriend look every day"

Some points to consider:

She is 4 years old.
It is -14 degrees outside.
I have the morning off.

In related news it is -14 degrees today, 
but according to the radio/tv/internet
the apocalypse is coming.

So I thought I should cook.  A lot.


Bran muffins, egg bake, brownies, chicken noodle soup, and lasagna.
done.

And a dance party in the kitchen besides.


4 comments:

  1. Damn! Here I was thinking I'd done good with my meatloaf and scalloped potatoes (made with horseradish cheddar which was purchased by mistake- happy accident, SO good)! I didn't even attempt to get close to a dessert.

    I'm smiling so big. Your daughter is a delightful little pip. Makes me wonder about the pearls of wisdom I have coming my way in the next few years. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm I love horseradish sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having small children and I don't mean that sarcastically. Mine is three and sometimes I think he knows better than me what I should be wearing and what I should be doing. Your daughter is a cutie! And precocious!

    ReplyDelete