Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Irresistible



















There is a bakery near my job called Yum! They are not kidding.  They have a ranger cookie that will make you stupid with cravings.  I perused the Internet  to find a similar recipe and I think I came close.  They make it with butterscotch chips and so did I because my kid doesn't like chocolate, (I know but I am sure he is mine).  But you could make it with chocolate chips.  If you do use butterscotch look for Guittard.  The other major brands kind of taste chemically artificial.

Ranger Cookies

1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
1 1/3 cup coconut
1 cup butterscotch chips

Beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium for 30 seconds.  Add half the flour, then the sugars, egg, vanilla, baking powder and baking soda.  Beat until combined.  Beat in the rest of the flour.  Add the oatmeal, coconut and butterscotch chips.  Roll 1 tsp of dough per cookie and bake at 375 for 8 minutes.  Let it sit for one minute (but not more) then cool on a rack.

Eat 5 or six at a time with a huge glass of skim, ice cold.  It's the only way.  Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment