Friday, July 2, 2010

Don't Be Lame


And bring a glop of mushy coleslaw from the deli to your 4th of July BBQ.   That stuff has been sitting in the lukewarm case for weeks and is a recipe for salmonella.  Buy a cabbage and cut it up.  They are pretty.  I like my salads crunchy with some texture, and when you buy pre-made coleslaw, it has been in that dressing for so long it is just nasty.





Jimmy's Original Cole Slaw Dressing
I also don't think you should spend your holiday cooking so buy some of this.  Trust.  It is good.  Put it in your own tuppperware container if you want to make it look like you made it.
When you get to the party, toss the cabbage, the dressing, easy on the dressing, a handful sunflower seeds, and a few raisins for good measure.
















This recipe comes straight from my favorite local resort.  The Pyle Family Farm in Prior Lake.  Your welcome.  I will be attending a few BBQ's as well as hosting my own this weekend, and this is on the menu. Come on over if you are not busy and like good coleslaw with your grilled animal flesh. Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment