Monday, June 21, 2010

Easiest book club menu ever

I pulled this off in an hour, while I was hungover from my cousin's wedding.

WARM GOAT CHEESE TOASTS WITH ROSEMARY, WALNUTS, AND HONEY

Yield: 18
1 8-oz French-bread baguette
8 oz soft fresh goat cheese
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Cut eighteen 1/4-inch slices from baguette. Spread goat cheese on each slice. Arrange in single layer on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until edges are slightly golden and cheese softens, about 10 minutes. Set aside on sheet. Heat honey in small saucepan over medium heat until warm, about 2 minutes. Sprinke toast with walnuts and rosemary, drizzle with honey.
I didn't heat the honey and it worked just fine.

academia-prosciutto-melone.gif
These are so easy, it's just melon and prosciutto.  Salty + sweet.

In addition I had a wedge of baby cheddar, a stack of crackers and some red grapes on a wooden board.  A tall glass full of crunchy breadsticks, and a pretty bowl full of skinless almonds with sea salt.  I served it all with Prosecco,  Sparkling Italian wine.  And for dessert:

coffe+gelato.jpg
Gelato.  With a cookie.  So I really cooked nothing.  But it looked really nice and tasted great.  Quick, easy, done.
Now I am on day 2 of my hangover and trying to bring myself to do the dishes.



1 comment:

  1. must have those toasts now (even though I am not hung over).

    ReplyDelete