Wednesday, December 23, 2009

This kid



never ceases to amaze me.  He can delay gratification like no other.  I have no idea where he learned this.  His little sister and I want our every need met the minute we conceive it.  I have indulged him with ridiculous amounts of attention and affection since  he was born.  He should be a spoiled brat.

So yesterday when I asked him if he wanted Santa to come a day early since we will be traveling on Christmas Eve he would have none of it.  He is a purist.  I tried to tell him that he would have to wait the whole 2 hour car ride home to see his presents on Christmas Day if we didn't ask Santa to come early.  And Santa would not mind really since he is so busy Christmas eve it might be nice for him to get a couple of houses checked off his list.  But no.  He HAS to come on the REAL CHRISTMAS.  Fine by me.  I can wait. No problem  But maybe he could just open one early so I could see his reaction?  NO, mom.  The REAL CHRISTMAS.  You win Mack.  But can you keep this in mind the next time you interrupt me 70 times during a 10 minute phone conversation?  And you are in charge of distracting your sister and keeping her happy during that 2 hour car ride.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad someone in this family has some self control! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete