Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rock hard


do you have any experience with 
concrete countertops?


do they wear well?
stain?
can you put hot pans on them?




I like this version
thick square edges
and concrete colored
industrial but still organic


you can polish
stain
and inlay designs
(please don't)
except maybe these ridges 

kinda awesome


I like this chalky black surface too


mmm too shiny?


they can make concrete
look like granite
quartz
or even wood
but I think
I like the concrete look



concrete sink too?

why not?


this is a bathroom
but you get the idea
this rock is versatile

(and I know it's not a rock)



way too shiny
but cool door
in the background no?




I was thinking the thicker the edge
the better
until I saw this photo
it can get too thick and heavy looking


so what say you?

I need help

I'm asked to help with a 
loft reno
but I don't know much about 
projects with a decent budget

my countertop is a $88
slab of wood from IKEA

peace
xokg







3 comments:

  1. A critical piece of information for choosing concrete countertops is that the color/dye must be throughout, not just on the surface. This may seem obvious, but it is not. They can chip easy on the edges/corners, and those chips look horrible when there is a contrast between color and concrete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kitchens are all lovely, so lush and elegant! :)

    philippine real estate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had concrete counters and a tub surround in my bathroom for about 7 years. I love it, it is indestructible!

    ReplyDelete